The majority of today's commercial systems use a relational database backend. This course will enable testers to directly query the database to verify the results of their tests as well as insert test data into the database.
A single database can serve as the foundation for multiple applications, integrating their data and providing concurrency control. This course will enable testers to directly interact with a database independently of any given application, and thus be able to explicitly test the integrity and accuracy of corporate data and it’s adherence to corporate business rules.
Attendees will learn the SQL constructs and features necessary to test existing database applications as well as review the principles of good database design that help prevent data corruption and anomalies in the first place.
Preventing and testing for SQL Injection vulnerability will also be covered.
Length of course:
6 hours 50 min
- Module 1 - Relational DBMS Basics for Testers
- Creating tables with SQL
- Table design principles
- Update, insertion, and deletion anomalies
- Static Testing: Reading an ERD
- Module 2 - What a tester needs to know about SQL
- SQL Basics – Select, Insert, Update, Delete
- Using Aggregation to determine data health
- Combining Data from Multiple Tables with Joins
- Foreign Key Problems
- Using Sub-queries
- Generating Test Data
- Module 3 - Protecting against Database hacks: SQL Injection
- Example injection attacks
- Testing for SQL Injection Vulnerability
- What vulnerabilities are inherent in the SQL code?
- Module 4- Summary and review
- What Color Do You Want that Database?
- Testing Scalable Architectures
- Transaction Process Monitor (TPM)
- Database Integrity
- UML Database Model
- Outer Join example for testing
- Useful Queries for Data Verification
- Where do we go from here?
- The course was written by IIST and is licensed for sale by Expertley.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
You may also like
Assessing Your Test Team E-Learning
A test manager looks for ways to evaluate the skills of the testing team and implement strategies to improve their overall performance. This course equips the test managers with the best ways for the optimum success of the team. The course will make you familiar with the different techniques that can be used to assess the potential of the team members. With insightful ideas, you will be able to know the actual status of your team.
Managing the Testing Process E-Learning
Managing the testing process is a core responsibility of the test managers. Successfully completing the testing process within the scheduled deadline and limited resources require expertise. This course will equip the test managers with the required knowledge and skillsets to succeed in their role. In this course, you will learn how to manage the skills of the testers, which tools to hire, and much more.
Software Test Estimation E-Learning
Test estimation is an important task that determines the accuracy of the software testing project. Test estimation answers all the questions related to the time is taken, the cost involved, and the efforts of a testing project. This course will enable the testing professionals to conduct the test estimation effectively. It will help them understand the practical aspects and answer all the questions efficiently.