The use of software in the number of devices is increasing. The devices and the software are intended to be used by all the individuals across the globe. This makes accessibility all the more important. Accessibility ensures that the application is capable of being used by users of all age groups and types, including differently-abled individuals. This course will help you learn more about practical accessibility, which enables the systems to work well for every individual and ensures compliance with the laws and standards of the industry. In this course, you will acquire knowledge about the testing strategies that comply with Section 508 of the US Rehabilitation Act. It will familiarize you with the ways of verifying the accessibility of a system across a wide range of situations and users to fulfill the expectations of the users.
Length of course:
7 hrs 16 min
Participants will learn:
- What software accessibility is
- Who and what it affects
- How it applies to traditional software and web-based systems
- Disabilities that affect users and devices (temporary, situational, and chronic)
- The magnitude of the issue and opportunities
- Standards that are used to determine software accessibility compliance
- Federal, state, industry, and international laws
- W3C web standards
- Assistive technologies
- Identifying the range of compliance desired or required
- How to test for accessibility
- Setting test priorities
- Manual inspection and testing
- Automated validation assistance
- Key user trials and acceptance testing
- Practical approaches to increasing accessibility
- Early involvement in the software development process
- Expertise pooling
- Raising awareness that accessibility features are present
- Standards and best practices
- Where to get more information (for developers, testers, and managers)
The course was written by IIST and is licensed for sale by Expertley.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
Assessing Your Test Team E-Learning
A test manager looks for ways to evaluate the skills of the testing team and implement strategies to improve their overall performance. This course equips the test managers with the best ways for the optimum success of the team. The course will make you familiar with the different techniques that can be used to assess the potential of the team members. With insightful ideas, you will be able to know the actual status of your team.
Managing the Testing Process E-Learning
Managing the testing process is a core responsibility of the test managers. Successfully completing the testing process within the scheduled deadline and limited resources require expertise. This course will equip the test managers with the required knowledge and skillsets to succeed in their role. In this course, you will learn how to manage the skills of the testers, which tools to hire, and much more.
Software Test Estimation E-Learning
Test estimation is an important task that determines the accuracy of the software testing project. Test estimation answers all the questions related to the time is taken, the cost involved, and the efforts of a testing project. This course will enable the testing professionals to conduct the test estimation effectively. It will help them understand the practical aspects and answer all the questions efficiently.