There is no doubt about the fact that IT is one of the swiftly transforming domains of all. This is the reason why people enthusiastic about making a career in this field often remain in a skeptical state. They might remain confused about which technology to keep the focus on, but, there should be no doubt on whether to pursue software testing certification courses.
Such doubts primarily arise in the minds of those who are not aware of the career paths associated with testing. The following abstracts discuss the vital role that software testing plays in the overall development process and the relevance of doing an online course in this regard.
Also Read: Software Testing As A Career
Software Testing Is Here to Stay!
Software testing is the most crucial step followed in the overall development cycle, considering the greater emphasis paid about qualitative aspects in modern times. In a competitive scenario, one can’t just afford to release the software to the market without proper testing. IT business developers have been stressing about this aspect, and their emphasis is still on.
In short, those who are worried about testing as a career should simply relax. Yes, things are changing, and in fact, getting advanced with automation. In this context, one should go with advanced software testing courses rather than worrying. Those who are unsure about the career prospects in testing may go through the below sections.
Also Read: Multiple Career Opportunities After Completing Software Testing Training
Starting from Testing Professional to QA Lead
Like every other field, the experience is the key in a testing domain as well. Few years of experience as a testing engineer can promote anyone to senior testing engineer level. Next levels followed from here, can be the team leader and to managerial positions. If the company is notable, the next higher position is QA lead. Those who are working for a company having no such position may simply jump to a higher level company having this position as well.
Someone working as a QA team leader remains responsible about establishing the advance QA processes. They have to ensure that the concerned company is following the most advanced practices as per the industry standard. Next higher position after QA lead is QA manager, analysts, and auditors.
Starting from Supply Chain Analyst or Testing Analyst to Test Manager
The other way of building a career in testing is by working in the supply chain domain. In general, the testing professionals work as analysts where they keep a thorough eye on the performance of the organization. Here they have to work having a specific estimate on the different level of customer demands. In this context, the analytic professionals in supply chain employ effective testing methods and suggest new processes.
The other career path available for testing professionals is to start working as a testing analyst. In general, test analysts remain responsible for figuring out the necessary tests meant for the concerned product. They also remain associated with the evaluation of qualitative aspects and mentioning essential test data. In fact, they meticulously remain involved with the evaluation of results of every test cycle. With growing experience, one can reach up to the levels of test manager. Higher companies promote to business manager level as well from here.
Also Read: ISTQB Certification: Complete Guide
Starting from Tool Engineer to Managerial Level
One may follow the career path as a tools engineer as well. It’s an excellent position for those who are passionate about developing. Here the tool engineer has to develop tools for the quality assurance team. In larger organizations, they might be asked for developing tools for system engineers as well.
As evident from each of the above sections, there is hardly any chance of disturbance in career progress due to so-called automation. Instead, these paths can take someone to managerial level in a much more comfortable and quicker time. One can claim that the growing popularity of online software testing courses is a perfect example of the same. Below mentioned are some of the crucial advantages of online testing courses.
Advantages of Online Testing Courses
- Online courses are suitable for both beginners and experienced. As thorough videos are offered for the students, it helps in analyzing different dimensions of software testing with utmost clarity. Moreover, these videos can be referred anytime for doubt clearing.
- Online courses are wholesome in nature. It means they provide a complete course in proper order. This enables the trainee in remaining with perfect sync with the course. Here one doesn’t need to visit distinct trainers for manual testing and automation analysis. Best, part one can pursue everything irrespective of the place he/she wishes; be it from home or anywhere. It means someone who is doing a part-time job can also find it equally useful.
- These courses are the best ways to get familiar with the whole range of automation tools in testing domain.
- One of the most significant advantages of online courses is that these are thoroughly updated. It is the best way for the testers to remain updated with the latest technicalities.
- Things are explained in the most simplistic fashion with online testing courses that anyone can understand. Modern-day videos are even more enriched with infographics and all. This is why online platforms are so much preferred for pursuing software testing foundation course.
- Online courses are designed to be easily understood. Still, they offer additional chat supports for more excellent assistance or greater clarity.
- Where a traditional mode of pursuing software testing course might even take a year, online courses can be accomplished in a much quicker fashion. Interestingly, this can be pursued by someone at his/her own convenience. Needless is to say; this can be an excellent advantage for both the beginners and professionals.
- One of the significant advantages of pursuing online testing courses is the opportunity of handling live projects that they provide. It offers the much needed hands-on exposure to the candidate to strengthen his/her knowledge. Above all, online courses provide the opportunity of getting closer to industry professionals and knowing about real-time scenarios.
All in all, online courses for testing professionals are promising from all perspectives to take a testing professional’s career to the next level.