Compatibility testing is one of the more complex aspects of mobile software development. This is because the mobile world is much more diverse than personal computing, and mobile apps and websites are more sensitive to platform changes. The course is designed to provide software quality assurance professionals with the background and tools necessary to plan, design, and execute compatibility tests for mobile apps and websites. We will cover a variety of topics necessary for mobile compatibility testing: market statistics, target audience definition, sensitivity analysis, and more. The course will include several exercises and a group project.
Body of Knowledge:
Length of course:
6 hrs 15 min
Participants will learn:
- What are the challenges posed for compatibility testing by mobile devices
- How to analyze market statistics and its relevance to mobile compatibility testing
- How to analyze the sensitivities of the system-under-test to platform change
- How to analyze compatibility risks
- How to plan mobile compatibility testing
- What the course is about
- Scope: what do we cover in-depth, what do we glance over, what we do not cover
- Goals: what will we learn
- Administrative items
- Intro: The importance of compatibility testing for mobile devices
- Statistics and target user groups
- Defining your target audience
- Finding out the prevalent platforms
- Spotting and extrapolating the trends
- Real users and user proxies
- Operating system
- Which parts of your app and website are sensitive to platform-related factors
- Native apps
- Mobile and responsive websites
- Hybrid apps
- Typical sensitivities and the ways to test them
- Risk analysis
- Defining compatibility risks
- Mapping compatibility risk for your app or website
- Living with the risk: prioritizing, mitigating, and managing compatibility risks
- Group project: planning and executing compatibility tests for an app/website
The course was written by IIST and is licensed for sale by Expertley.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
Assessing Your Test Team E-Learning
A test manager looks for ways to evaluate the skills of the testing team and implement strategies to improve their overall performance. This course equips the test managers with the best ways for the optimum success of the team. The course will make you familiar with the different techniques that can be used to assess the potential of the team members. With insightful ideas, you will be able to know the actual status of your team.
Managing the Testing Process E-Learning
Managing the testing process is a core responsibility of the test managers. Successfully completing the testing process within the scheduled deadline and limited resources require expertise. This course will equip the test managers with the required knowledge and skillsets to succeed in their role. In this course, you will learn how to manage the skills of the testers, which tools to hire, and much more.
Software Test Estimation E-Learning
Test estimation is an important task that determines the accuracy of the software testing project. Test estimation answers all the questions related to the time is taken, the cost involved, and the efforts of a testing project. This course will enable the testing professionals to conduct the test estimation effectively. It will help them understand the practical aspects and answer all the questions efficiently.