The fast pace and the iterative nature of agile projects sometimes have a negative impact on the quality of testing and thoroughness of testing Most testing is typically done in an ad hoc and exploratory manner. In fact, in most agile projects, the process of "designing" tests does not even exist. The result is always much lower test coverage. No one can argue that the quality of a release is only as good as the quality of the tests being executed on the release. Agile teams need to realize that testing must be done in a very structured and disciplined manner, even with the fast pace of agile projects. This course deals with the time constraints imposed by the agile development methods through test design and test execution process that guarantees the hight level of both requirement coverage and code coverage.
Body of Knowledge:
CSTP-A #2 ,CSTAS #1 ,CASTP-P #3
Length of recording:
5 hours 43 min.
Who should attend:
This course is essential for both developers and testers working in agile projects as well as any fast pace project.
This course is offered both as one-day or two days. The difference is in the depth of coverage and the amount of hands-on workshop.
The course aims at achieving the following objectives:
- Understand requirement coverage and code coverage
- Learning a scenario-based test design process that guarantees the highest level of requirement coverage
- Learning how to test when requirements and user stories are poorly written
- Learning how to test when requirements do not exist
- Integrating exploration into a more disciplined test design process
- Learning how to execute test on the fly
- Learning how to effectively and quickly document test results and bug reports
- The Agile Testing Mindset
- Characterizing Agile
- The Agile Manifesto
- The goals of Agile Testing
- Continuous Integration
- The Agile Testing Lifecycle
- Agile Test Planning
- Scenario-based Test planning
- User Interface - Based Test Planning
- User Stories -Based Test Planning
- Requirements - Based Test Planning
- The Agile Testing Risk Model
- Agile Test Design
- Exploratory Test Case Design
- Formal Test Case Design
- Test Sets
- Manual and Automated test Scripts
- Agile Test Execution
- Executing scripts
- Executing Scenarios
- Agile Bug Reporting
The course was written by IIST and is licensed for sale by Expertley.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
Assessing Your Test Team E-Learning
A test manager looks for ways to evaluate the skills of the testing team and implement strategies to improve their overall performance. This course equips the test managers with the best ways for the optimum success of the team. The course will make you familiar with the different techniques that can be used to assess the potential of the team members. With insightful ideas, you will be able to know the actual status of your team.
Managing the Testing Process E-Learning
Managing the testing process is a core responsibility of the test managers. Successfully completing the testing process within the scheduled deadline and limited resources require expertise. This course will equip the test managers with the required knowledge and skillsets to succeed in their role. In this course, you will learn how to manage the skills of the testers, which tools to hire, and much more.
Software Test Estimation E-Learning
Test estimation is an important task that determines the accuracy of the software testing project. Test estimation answers all the questions related to the time is taken, the cost involved, and the efforts of a testing project. This course will enable the testing professionals to conduct the test estimation effectively. It will help them understand the practical aspects and answer all the questions efficiently.